Friday, October 26, 2012

Inspiration Is All Around

Good afternoon, Lovely people!

I don't know about you, but this week FLEW for me. Whoa!

Two things that are constantly on my mind, 24/7, are creativity and inspiration.
This week, I've been working on keeping my creative juices flowing and summoning inspiration from all around me.

You can find inspiration ANYWHERE. You just need to keep your eyes open and let it come to you. Last night I was inspired by headlights on a car. I then went on to write a poem based off of those headlights. Crazy, huh?

I've been working on summoning inspiration from different things lately because I've been working on taking my poetry to a new depth. In the majority of the work I've written thus far, I make the point I'm trying to make very clear. Since exploring the world around me I've been starting to use a lot more symbolism and imagery in my recent poems and I've been LOVING it.

I feel as though I'm stepping up my game and getting better! Like those headlights, for instance. I was inspired to write a poem about an event opening our eyes to something we didn't see before because we were in the dark. Cool, huh?

As you all know, I've been working on figuring out what I want and who I want to be. I want to be a creative spirit. I've been working a lot on meditation. I've been going on hour long walks every morning/afternoon. Listening to music, walking, and taking in new inspiration has been quite lovely. I suggest meditation to you all! Find something you enjoy, something peaceful, and spend a little time a day doing it. It does wonders on your soul.

A few little announcements:

  1. I am extremely pleased to announce that I will be participating in this years National Novel Writing Month! This is my first year participating and I'm ecstatic. Even though I've begun working on my book already, this is a great motivational tool! If anyone else is participating this year, feel free to add me as a Writing Buddy HEREhttp://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/christina-bracco
  2. Next week I will OFFICIALLY be launching The Happy Place Campaign! I will be making a special Blogspot post on Wednesday to announce once it's up and running so check back on Wednesday for that!! I'll link you to it's Twitter and Tumblr! Those can also be found in my Blogspot post from two weeks ago if you'd like to follow those now! :)
  3. Due to my crazy schedule, I forgot to post a Thursday Poem. So, today I'm giving everyone a present to apologize. To say I'm sorry, today I will be posting the poem I was going to post yesterday, PLUS A SONG. Are you excited? I am! I'm even MORE excited because this is the first piece I've ever written. This is what started me with writing. This piece is extremely sacred and personal to me. I'm incredibly pleased to share it with you all. The song and poem will be posted at 3pm est! Don't forget to check that out!
  4. Finally, I've decided to open myself up more to my amazing readers and start to share with you all. With that being said, I'm now leaving areas open for my readers to ask me any questions about my writing, what certain pieces are about, and all that jazz! Want to know why I wrote a certain poem? You can ask me in the ASK box of my poetry Tumblr OR The ASK box of my personal Tumblr. Lets connect! 

I'm excited for all of this and I hope you are too!

Personal Tumblr: www.faithtrustandpixiedustx3.Tumblr.com
Poetry Tumblr: www.christinabracco.Tumblr.com
(Unfortunately Tumblr is down write now, so this will also start at 3pm est!)

You're all so amazing and I thank, thank, THANK you for the support!
Have a Happy and SAFE Halloween
Much love, many hugs,
Christina Bracco

Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChristinaBracc0

No comments:

Post a Comment