Friday, March 22, 2013

Definition:

Hello all!

I can't believe how fast time is going by.

Yesterday I realized that I only have seven weeks left in this semester. Wasn't it just January yesterday?

My spring break starts today. I plan on using this time off to get moving with my creativity and reconnect with my fire.

Which is a fancy way of saying I'm going to light a fire under my ass.

I was stumped on what I wanted this Friday's topic to be, but then I remembered something that I watched on Tuesday and POOF, the idea popped into my mind. Isn't inspiration amazing? :)

I was watching a documentary on Bob Dylan. For those of you who don't know, Bob Dylan was very popular back in the day (and still now) for using his music to protest society.

Media began to label him as the "voice of the generation," the "leader of the protest."

But Bob didn't want that responsibility. He only wanted to make music.

At interviews and press conferences, media would constantly be trying to ask Bob to give himself a label and pin him down to agreeing that he was the voice of the generation, but he refused.

 He didn't want a label. He didn't want others to define him. He just was.

I think that's really important.

When others try to give you limitations, put a label on you, ask you to define yourself... don't do it.

Because you don't have to. And you can't. You cannot be defined because you're always changing. You're a million things at once.

Why do we need to choose just one?

Don't let others label you. When someone tries to, challenge them. Prove them wrong. Keep moving.

I wish you a happy week. Hugs and kisses.
I'll be attending the P!nk concert at Madison Square Garden tonight. What a way to kick off my spring break.

Love always,
Christina Bracco
PERSONAL TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ChristinaBracc0

1 comment:

  1. http://pillowcastles.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award-ohhhh-how-exciting.html

    ReplyDelete