Friday, December 21, 2012

Are You Living For You?

Hello friends!

It's been a busy time around here. My Fall Semester has officially ended, my favorite holiday is just four days away, and I'm keeping busy!

In the midst of all the craziness that is the Christmas season, I've spent the last four days in a "Creative Cleanse".

I spent Monday through Thursday in a state of creativity. What does that entail?
I kept away from all social media/television/blogging for four days and devoted my time to reading and writing.

I stayed away from Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and my beloved TV for four days straight. Nuts, right!?

The first day was rough, but then it was smooth sailing.

During this time I did a lot of meditating and thinking about my choices in life.

You all know that I'm dedicating my life to Philanthropy, People-building, and being of service to people.

I started thinking about why it took me so long to make the realization that this is what I wanted to do with my life.
I came to the realization that I was living my life based on other people's emotions and feelings.

I would listen to family, friends, teachers, strangers. They didn't (and some still don't) "get" what I'm about.

"How are you going to make a living that way?"
"You can't make money by doing that."
"Yeah, but what's your REAL job going to be?"

I've been asked these questions time and time again. They often stopped me from believing in my ability to do what I love.

I WILL make a living by helping people.
I'd rather be rich in my heart than rich in my pocket.
My REAL job is helping people.

Don't let the negative comments of others stop you from reaching your goals. Listen to you heart, not the herd.

AUTHOR UPDATE:
In doing my cleanse, I was incredibly focused on writing my novel and I got over some MAJOR hurdles.

Because of your support through my struggle with writing, and since making so much progress, I've decided to announce the title of my book!

I'm pleased to announce the title of my first (of many) novel... ODYSSEY !!!

Odyssey is a YA novel about a young girl named Stella Logan, who goes on a journey of self discovery.

I'm incredibly excited to share this process with you, and I thank you for the support.
More to come!

All my love to you. Live your dreams.
Christina Bracco
PERSONAL TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ChristinaBracc0

No comments:

Post a Comment