Friday, December 14, 2012

Hug Someone Today.

In light of recent events, I will dedicate this blog to something different than my original plan for this week.

I got home from English class around 2:20pm est. I opened the door, put my keys on the hook, took off my jacket, hung it up, and checked my phone. I opened my Twitter app to see a number of tweets regarding Connecticut.

I had absolutely no idea what was going on, having been in class for two hours, so I turned on my television. I come to find out that there has been a tragic, tragic shooting at an Elementary school in Connecticut.

An Elementary school. A building full of young kids going about their day as normal as possible. Kids who are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their holiday.

Parents at home with presents under the tree for their children.

And they were attacked. Children were robbed of their innocence, and their lives today.

I am deeply, deeply saddened by this news.

I am absolutely heartbroken.

So many children between the ages of 4 and 10, teachers, faculty, killed or seriously injured.

Brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, mothers, fathers, grandparents. They're all suffering an unexpected, and unfair loss.

My wish for you today, and every day for that matter. Hug the ones you love. Heck, love the ones you don't.
You never know when this gift of life can be ripped away from your hands.

Hug your loved ones. Tell them you love them. Wake up and be thankful every day. Live your life with peace and joy in your heart.

For those who have been affected by this tragedy, my prayers tonight will be dedicated to you.
I hope that they're in my readers' thoughts as well.

Keep faith in your soul and love in your heart.

Bless you all. Go hug your loved ones. I'm sending you virtual hugs.

I love you all deeply,
Christina Bracco
PERSONAL TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ChristinaBracc0

No comments:

Post a Comment