Saturday, March 29, 2014

When Life Hands You Lemons...

Hello, friends.

It has been a draining few weeks.

Recently, someone very close to me has been diagnosed with cancer.

The news came as a total shock, though I don't think anyone truly expects something life that.

Needless to say, I was absolutely hysterical when I had first heard. Inconsolable. How could this happen? What does this mean? What do we do now?

But what really amazed me was... the person who was diagnosed didn't shed a tear. She had just been diagnosed with cancer, and she seemed so calm.

I asked her how she was remaining so calm, and she simply said, "Maybe I'm just in shock. But there's nothing I can do and I have to keep it together. I'm sure I'll have my moments, but everything will be fine and I have to have faith."

In that moment, I dried my own tears and sat amazed at the strength of this woman. In one instant, with one life-changing experience, she taught me that no matter what circumstances are thrown your way, you must keep it together and keep moving.

You're allowed to have your moments. You're allowed to have yourself a nice cry. But don't dwell on the fear and sadness. Instead, let it fuel your strength.

Something as scary as cancer can send you in a spiral of "doom and gloom". If you keep a positive outlook, you will have positive results.

I have been having my own private moments to fall apart and cry, but I quickly pick myself back up and put a positive thought in my head.

My life as of late has been dedicated to providing support, a shoulder to lean on, laughter, smiles, and love for my loved one who is going through such a scary time.

The support of those around us has been so comforting and encouraging. So many people have reached out to offer their love and prayers, and we've been so touched by them all.

A surgery is coming up this week, and we are doing our best to keep hold on our positive outlook.

When life hands you lemons, no matter how big or small they are, make the best damn lemonade out there!

Much love, and thank you for your support.
Remain positive, and remain strong.

Christina Bracco
Xoxo

Reach me at my FACEBOOK or at my TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ChristinaBracc0

No comments:

Post a Comment