Friday, December 30, 2011

Looking back and looking forward

First of all.. I've made the mistake 3 times today that we are currently moving from 2010 to 2011. WHERE IS MY MIND!?

But anyway.. the last couple of years have been pretty shitty for me so I always look forward to a new year. Until I stopped and realized that this year wasn't all that bad. In fact, it was filled with a lot of new experiences and lessons learned. In 2011 I:


  • Got even closer with my best friends
  • Learned that it's okay to let go of people that aren't good for you
  • Learned to let go of some anger
  • Went through the process of selling a house
  • Survived my most difficult college semester to date
  • Took my first road trip and had the best time
  • Discovered my extremely strong love for Harry Potter
  • Found Team Starkid
  • Found Tumblr
  • Saw Daniel Radcliffe live on Broadway
  • Started to learn a bit about what I want my future to be
These are just to name a few. This year was pretty amazing. I've discovered so many new things and grew so much as a person.
I usually make strange New Year's Resolutions that I never follow through with, but this year they are quite simple. In 2012 and all the years to follow I want to take chances without fear. Do things for myself and to make myself happy. And enjoy every bit of life that comes my way. Don't sweat the small stuff.

In 2012 I'm also looking forward to a few big changes and adventures coming my way!

  • Moving into a new house
  • Starting to get a real handle on my college education
  • become more cultured
  • Possibly do some traveling
  • A great vacation
  • More career opportunities that I'm going to start to work on
  • Turning 20 and starting a new chapter in my life
  • And whatever else the world has in store for me in the upcoming year

So I hope everyone has a fantastic New Years Eve! I'll be spending it at my friend Andrews house with all of my best friends. This is my first new years I'll be spending without my family. Here's to growing up!
What are you guys doing tomorrow night? What are you looking forward to in the new year? What are you thankful to be letting go of? Leave a comment! :)

Until next time! Everyone BE SAFE!

Xoxoxo Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment