Friday, December 16, 2011

Happiness and Cheer!

Christmas is rapidly approaching, which makes me uneasy, and I'm doing my best to get into the holiday season! It's been a tough year so I'm trying to look at the bigger picture when it comes to Christmas! This year is less about presents and more about the spirit!

What does that mean? It means watching your favorite Christmas movies, building Gingerbread Houses, singing all of your favorite Christmas songs and enjoying time with your family and friends.

I myself am so excited to spend the holiday break with the most amazing people I have ever met in my life. My best friends are home from college.. back from us all living separate lives.. and back to being one whole group. Just the thought of this fills me with the most amazing happiness that I'm usually without. This will be the best winter break I've ever had.

Tomorrow I will be going to a family Christmas party. More exciting Christmas events! I love holiday parties. I plan on having a lot of them when I'm older. I also have to actually do my Christmas shopping. I'm just taaaaad late. But I have great gift ideas!

I've discovered why I've been in such a rut lately. Thanks to reading Julia Albains book. Things were really put into perspective. I'll save that for another blog! Right now.. this is all about embracing Christmas as a time of happiness and love. Stop focusing on the material things!

So that is my challenge for all of you. Think about Christmas in a different way! Do things that fill you with joy!

What do you love to do around Christmas time? What are your traditions? Planning to do anything special this Christmas? Share it in the comments! I'd love to hear about it!

Until tomorrow.. have a holly, jolly night!

Xoxo Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment