Friday, February 15, 2013

Dance The Night Away

What a crazy day!

Crazy because I completely forgot it was Friday. Hence, why this post is later than my usual Friday blogs.

I would first like to apologize for having not posted any poems this week.

I've found myself to be in a creative slump lately and I'm working on reconnecting with my creativity in order to continue writing.

How have I been doing that? By doing things that spark my creativity.

I've been doing a lot of cooking, baking, reading, singing, etc. to get myself back on track. It's been working little by little.

I did however, reconnect with something that has brought a positive energy back into my life that has been missing for a while.

Dance.

I've been dancing since I could walk. I would always create choreography to my favorite songs or learn the choreography and perfect it.

Dance was always a positive outlet for me. It's always been very therapeutic for me.

If I was angry or stressed about something, I'd go and dance and I'd be transported into another world.

The bad energy would leave my body with every move I made and I was full of happiness.

I moved 11 months ago in order to downsize. In doing so, I lost my spare dance room.

I've tried to keep up with it, but the lack of space limited my abilities and I was unable to dance freely.

This week I decided to clear all of the boxes in my basement and turn it into a dance area.

Best decision I've made in a while.

Getting back into dancing has been wonderful for me. I've found a new energy and passion that I lost for a while.

I'm even considering signing up for dance classes!

Is there something that you used to love to do, but lost the time or availability to do it? Reconnect with it. Trust me. It can be the smallest thing, but if it's something you loved and enjoyed, you will be amazed at what reconnecting with it can do for you.

Maybe there's something you'd love to try, but haven't tried yet. Try it!! Who knows what kind of energy you can receive from it.

Once I post this, I'm going to head down to my basement and dance.

Once you read this, I hope you think of that something that you want to reconnect with.

Get moving!

Much love to you all,
Christina Bracco
PERSONAL TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ChristinaBracc0

No comments:

Post a Comment