Friday, January 18, 2013

An Evening of Inspiration

Hi friends!

It's been another week full of fun things.

The most exciting thing that happened this week was attending An Evening of Awesome, hosted by John and Hank Green.

I'm a huge fans of the Greens. They're incredibly talented and inspirational men. Go check them out on YouTube! (Vlogbrothers)

Attending this evening was one of the most inspirational things I've experienced in a while.

The evening was all about celebrating things that we love, people that we love, and ourselves.

I was inspired by so many special guests that were there.

I was inspired by John Green and Neil Gaiman (that's right, NEIL GAIMAN) as a writer, to always write, read a lot, read broadly, and believe in my abilities.

I was inspired by a new band I've discovered called The Mountain Goats. This two-man powerhouse brought down the house with beautiful songs with beautiful messages.

I was most inspired by an AMAZING singer/songwriter named Kimya Dawson.

Kimya sang two amazing songs that are all about embracing our own spirit, creativity, and dreams. Songs about finding peace in humanity and within ourselves.

I was so touched by Kimya, she brought me to tears.

I write a lot on this blog about my hopes for humanity. I want to spread peace and love to people all over the world. No matter who you are or where you come from. I feel that Kimyas music really expressed my own thoughts and feelings on life.

I was unsure as to what I wanted to write about in this weeks blog until I attended An Evening of Awesome and heard Kimya.

I may say it a lot, but I feel strongly bout it.

We as people, NEED to learn to respect the way other people choose to live their lives. Sometimes, it's not even a choice.

It is THEIR life. Unless they are truly harming others or themselves, it shouldn't make a difference to you who they love, what they love to do, how they love to dress, what they love to eat, what they think is waiting for them on the other side, etc.

It's important for the sake of humanity, for everyone to respect each other. Judgement is unnecessary. There is no one on this planet who is better than anyone else.

I just felt this idea is important to share. If we really want to change the world, we need to learn how to RESPECT and LOVE each other.

I leave you with one of Kimya's songs. It's such a powerful piece and it really gets across the message that I'm trying to send with this weeks blog. Check it out! And be sure to find Kimya on Tumblr, Twitter, and YouTube.

"I fight for equal rights, and I fight for inner peace"

So spread love. Hug the people you love. Tell them you love them. And respect people who don't share the same beliefs as you. 

This year is all about trying to spread my message of love and peace. Lets help each other! 

I love you all. Sending you all virtual hugs. 
Christina Bracco


No comments:

Post a Comment